Smart Tips To Improve Mobile App Customer Engagement In 2020
Today, you cannot think about an online commerce strategy without mobile at the core. As of 2020, online shopping is being dominated by mobile in almost every aspect as we have discussed this in a previous blog post. The reason for it is so simple. Mobile devices provide a more practical online shopping experience and user behaviors are getting more and more mobile-oriented as they are the center of our attention.
With the above being said, we can also add the mobile apps are the shining stars of the online commerce universe. Today, it's a fact that any brand above the beginner level should have a Shopify mobile app for increasing customer engagement, higher user retention, and more sales through mobile.
However, having a mobile app for your Shopify store is only half the way. You should have a solid mobile app customer engagement strategy to get the best out of it. In this article, we will share some pro tips about it.
What Is Mobile App Customer Engagement?
Let's start with the basics of mobile application engagement. There four solid stages in this phenomenon as;
From here on, we will discuss each step and share our tips to achieve your goals.
How To Create Attraction For My Mobile App?
Simply, it means to create an urge in your audience's mind to download your app in Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Considering you already have an audience as social media followers, email lists and so on you have several weapons to get app installs with a small budget or completely without. Here they are:
- Send emails to promote your mobile app and app-exclusive offers.
- Put an app banner to your web store to promote your Shopify mobile app.
- Run social ads for your mobile app especially on Facebook and Google.
- Allocate a certain area on your website to mention lower prices in the mobile app.
- Make App Search Optimization (ASO) in both the App Store and Play Store.
- If you are using customer loyalty apps like Smile.io or Loyalty Lion, offer extra loyalty points for app installs and subsequent app-related actions.
You can also check our other blog post in which we went deeper on this subject. You will find some more beneficial tips there as well.
How Can I Improve Mobile App Customer Engagement?
All stages are so important. But this is the stage where you need to pay huge attention. Because the success of the subsequent revenue bringing steps is directly related to this stage. Increasing customer engagement and active users in mobile applications are the key success indicators. Here are our tips for engaging more mobile app users:
- Keep your mobile app design always fresh and appealing to customers.
- Offer app-exclusive incentives like discounts and free delivery.
- Use push notifications effectively. They are more important than you think!
- Optimize its loading, browsing and checkout speed. It should be easy to use!
- Enable users to log in and personalize the experience if possible.
How Can I Monetize My Shopify Mobile App?
This is the part where the excitement reaches the climax! Because we will talk about money in a way! The dynamics and strategies of mobile app monetization do not differ that much from the one for your Shopify store. At the end of the day, your mobile app is a sales channel and the user behavior is almost the same when it comes to buying something.
Monetization means sales. And here we will share some actionable tips to increase sales not only in your Shopify store but also in Shopify for your mobile app. Here we go:
- Activate abandoned cart push notifications in your mobile app.
- Create and promote discount codes. Shoppers love to use them.
- Add an in-app chat feature to your mobile app. Remember, quick response converts!
- Sell app-exclusive collections and products. Create a reason to visit your app.
- Have a solid push notification marketing strategy.
How Can I Increase Mobile App Customer Retention?
Did you know that winning a new customer costs a company five times more than retaining an existing one? We don't know if should say anything more to emphasize the importance of customer retention.
The good news is that if you have a mobile app for your Shopify store, you already have the most effective weapon on hand. Because the mobile apps are created for customer retention.
With features like push notifications, in-app messaging, better mobile shopping interface and so on, your Shopify mobile app will help you a lot with increasing user retention. Here are the pro tips from Shopney to increase mobile app user retention:
- Use back in stock notifications to call your customers back to buy what they like.
- Make sure your customer loyalty apps are integrated with your mobile app.
- Send rich push notifications with proper frequency to promote your products.
- Make re-marketing for your app with Facebook integration.
- Track and measure the valuable event data in your app.
- Educate your customers about your business. Use all channels for it.
- Resolve customer issues within the app with the in-app chat feature.
- Find your own way to delight your customers. Nobody knows them better.
The Bottom Line
Here we have carefully broken down what you need to do for improving mobile app customer engagement. Now it's time to digest all and take the needed actions. Because any action is better than intentions when it comes to online commerce. Especially, the mobile side of it.
We hope our tips would be useful and help you create an effective plan that will lead to a huge positive difference. If you still have any questions in mind, do not hesitate to shoot us an email about mobile commerce, Shopify for mobile apps or eCommerce in general. Our team of experts will be more than happy to help out at any time.
One last thing, if you are planning to build a mobile app for your Shopify store or want to change your mobile app builder, install Shopney now, and give it a try for 7 days for free! No credit cards needed!